Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day Three-Thirty-Three - Turn! Turn! Turn!

There are too many topics running around in my head this morning.  I have started this blog entry three times and written several paragraphs and each time, even I have lost interest after a few paragraphs.  If I can't keep my own interest how can I expect to keep a readers interest.  I can't.

My original topic was that Daylight Savings Time begins next Sunday and then I started going on and on about the beginning of Spring, flowers blooming and baseball season.  But then with the baseball season topic, I got sidetracked by my wonderful nephews and niece and their little league and even high school baseball careers.  Then I realized that beyond me and my family, there probably wouldn't be much interest in that.  Even then, I might have only one interested reader since my family doesn't really take the time to read my blog.  In case you are wondering who that one interested reader might be, it would be me.

Then I started again and was writing about blooming flowers and budding trees then it turned into the Astros chances of winning 70 games this year as they enter the AL West which is the toughest league in Major League Baseball.  In case you are wondering my prediction is that this will be their worst season ever.   Love the Astros but this is going to be a bad year to be an Astros fan.  Thank God and Nolan for the Texas Rangers.

Then I started writing about blooming flowers and budding trees one more time and it became a blog about the possibility of going to Nacogdoches this week and then.... SURPRISE!!!!!  It circled back around to going to watch my nephew Tim and niece Rebecca play baseball and softball respectively.  Rebecca and Tim don't read this blog, I'm pretty sure that their parents don't either as I said earlier.  So again, the interest in this topic would be fairly minimal.

I don't know what to tell you.  At this moment, the only things I have a lot of interest in are the characters in the novel I am attempting to write, baseball at any level, and the appointment of a new pope.  This last one is puzzling because I am not even catholic.  I have a great respect for the catholic church.  Being Methodist, I know that my religion is just an off-shoot of catholicism.  All of my nephews and my niece are catholic since both of my sisters-in-law are catholic.  But I still think I have a weird obsession with the choosing of a pope. I mean I totally stop down during conclave.  Once they start this process, my TV will be on Fox News 24/7 until I see white smoke.  I can't help it or explain it.

What I can tell you is that spring is approaching and it is a time for new beginnings - flowers blooming, trees budding, baseball teams changing leagues and rebuilding, kids growing up playing their final season of high school softball and moving on, new religious leaders and even a great nephew or niece on the way.

One of these days I am going to figure out how to put a soundtrack on my blog so that you can hear what is going through my head as I type but for now, I'll just post the lyrics to the song that is in my head.  I think it is funny that this song always goes through my head at this time of year in regard to changing seasons when in reality, it is more of a plea for world peace.  Hmmmmm... what does that say.....  Have a great Sunday.

Turn! Turn! Turn!
The Byrds

Words-adapted from The Bible, book of Ecclesiastes
Music-Pete Seeger

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to build up,a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn) 
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time for love, a time for hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

No comments:

Post a Comment