Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day Five-Fourteen - Cats Galore!

Good morning!  It's been so long since I updated this blog!  I'm not ignoring it.  I just haven't had time to post on this one.  I spend most weekday mornings with the other blog. The travel business is busy.  After all, if you want to go anywhere during the holidays this year, now is the time to book those reservations.  Call me....

Since the last time I posted on this blog I have gotten a new kitten.  Her name is Mrs. Beasley.  I was calling her a calico but the vet says that she is a tortie since she has very little to no white hair in her coat. Since he said that I have looked at pictures on the internet and I concur.  I have a tortie.  The first couple of days were pretty touch and go with her.  My two older cats didn't seem too happy to have a new baby sister who plays a LOT.  But things are finally beginning to settle down.

I think the biggest thing that happened to change things was that Shiner went to the vet for a teeth cleaning on Friday and ended up having 6 teeth extracted.  It turns out that he was in a lot of pain that he was not showing. So, he had become a lot less tolerant of everything including hyper little kittens who love to play.  Every time Mrs. Beasley got close to Shiner he hissed and ran away.  This is very out of character for him.  He is usually my very playful cat.  Meanwhile Jingle was making progress everyday getting closer and closer to Mrs. Beasley and even actually chasing her on one occasion Thursday when he lost himself and forgot that he was supposed to resent her.  Since then he has become almost completely comfortable with her and is playing with her this morning!

Shiner is currently heavily drugged but he has still given me reason to hope that things are getting better. His old personality is coming back and this morning Mrs. Beasley has gone up to him several times and they have touched noses.  When that happens he lays calmly as he has been all morning.  When she comes running up to him, he still gets up and moves but never hisses. As long as she is calm, he is tolerant.

Shiner will have to go back to the vet in 6 months since the doctor said he has other bad teeth but they aren't as bad as the ones that were extracted.  Hopefully, we can get the next ones taken care of before they begin to cause him pain.  Shiner got his most recent pain shot yesterday morning.  The vet says it will begin to wear off tomorrow.  So we'll see how he is feeling about Mrs. Beasley as that shot starts to wear off.  When he came home from the vet Friday evening he was very loopy and was apparently hallucinating.  He kept seeing things in the strangest places and was chasing them.  That's what is going on in the photo to the left.  He was certain there was something on that wall and was determined to catch it.  Later in the evening he started acting as though there was something under the couch while I was sitting on it.  He was so insistent that I eventually started thinking what if there really is something under this couch... and I had to get up and move it to inspect. Sure enough nothing was there.

Jingle and Mrs. Beasley have just spent the last thirty minutes chasing one another through the house.  Mrs. Beasley was doing most of the chasing.  But Jingle was a big participant.  So I'm thinking pretty soon I'll have three cats scampering around keeping each other busy and exercised so that I can write blogs and work on trips. This is good news for you guys because I'm going to start digging for some pretty big fall and winter discounts on cruise ships and all inclusive resorts.  You're going to love this.  But while I look, here are a few more photos of Mrs. Beasley to keep you entertained.


Have a happy Labor Day and I'll talk to you all soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment