Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day Two-Seventy-Seven - Is It Real? Who Cares?

Good morning friends!  It has been more than a week since I last wrote on this blog.  I was in Nacogdoches for the New Years holiday, then when I came back I was very busy with the travel blog and other travel related stuff.  Speaking of which, if you aren't getting my travel blog, please "Like" Places You'll Go Travel on Facebook or send me your preferred email address and I'll be sure that you get a notice when new postings are published.  Or you can follow me on Twitter and get it as well.

I am so excited that some quality programming will be starting back up this week.  You know what I'm talking about....  The Bachelor and The Biggest Loser will both be back on the air.  C'mon, admit it, there's nothing better than watching train wrecks on national TV.  I'm pretty sceptical about The Biggest Loser this time around.  On the bright side, Jillian is back.  But they are having kids on there this season, so everything will be sugar coated.  I don't mind telling you that I have always considered the best part of that show to be when Bob and Jillian go all "personal trainer Rambo" on one of the contestants.  There is nothing better than when they make grown people cry and throw up.  You add kids to the mix and it's just going to be a bunch of whining and psycho babble.

I hate when Jillian starts thinking that she is some kind of trained therapist and tries to get into their heads.  I am assuming that she went to school to be a personal trainer, if she has a college education at all... So what qualifies her to be a psychologist?  They had her mom on the show a few years ago and she apparently is a psychologist, but the fact that one of your parents has that education doesn't qualify you to use it.  Does she think there is a psychotherapy gene and she got it from her mom????  I don't understand.

The nice thing is that regardless of what Jillian does and whether or not the trainers go off on the little kids, we'll always have Dolvett's biceps to look at.  Maybe there will be some opportunities for him to go shirtless this season.  A girl can dream, right?  Speaking of shirtless.... Sean Lowe is this season's Bachelor and as anyone who watched Emily Maynard's season knows, he can find a reason to rip his shirt off at just about anytime.  I can see it now...  "Aw... poor little Jane Doe... was that other girl mean to you????  Well let me just take my shirt of and make it all better...."

Does that body look real to you?
Now, this is what I have a problem with, when people tell me that they don't watch reality TV because they say it's not .... REAL.  Who cares???!?!!?  His pecs are real.... His biceps and triceps are real....  Those abs are real...  Ummmmmm... yeah, I'm in!  Plus there is always at least one crazy person on the show and who doesn't want to see a crazy person meltdown, whether it's real or not?  My favorite thing is that you have to know that there are times when Chris Harrison is standing off camera laughing his ass off at what is going on.  How can he not?

In the first couple of seasons I got mad that a few weeks after the final episode aired, the couple would announce that they had split up.  I swore each time that I would never watch it again.  But now, I sort of look forward to that announcement.  I was actually a little disappointed when J.P. and Ashley got married recently.  I guess it just goes to show that there really is someone for everyone because that Ashley chick was nuts!

I also never understood the appeal to Emily.  I suppose if you are a plastic surgeon, you have to have a great deal of respect for her surgeon.  Don't get me wrong, Emily's season was one of my favorite seasons yet.  Emily was kind of funny.  Sean was one of the contestants and took his shirt off a number of times.  In addition to all of that, there were the nicknames my friend Katherine gave to Emily's daughter, Rikki.  There was "Rikki-Bobbie" and who could ever forget "Fozzy Bear"?  Katherine even gave me a Fozzy Bear Hallmark Christmas tree ornament for Christmas this year in remembrance of little Rikki.

Well, I could go on forever on this topic.  A person could spend a career writing about The Bachelor and it's spin offs alone.  Have a great Sunday and do yourself a favor and watch some reality TV this week and try not to take it so seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment