Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day Two-NInety - Cruise Prep - On Track!

This is the last time you'll hear from me before the cruise.  I must say that yesterday was much better than I anticipated.  Yesterday when I posted I was in a little bit of a panic at all the things I needed to get done.  But it all went smoothly and everything that I planned to get done except for packing got accomplished.  It's crazy, the thing that I expected to be the most difficult turned out to be the easiest.  There was no line at the license plate registration office.  I walked in and the lady was just waiting for me.  I decided it was a good omen for my day and I think I was right.

After that, I went to the Kia place and had them put more liquid nitrogen in my tires.  I like that Kia fills my tires with liquid nitrogen whenever necessary for free.  I don't like driving over to Kia when the tire pressure light comes on.  I also checked with them about the passenger door which got damaged when it got away from my Dad during a storm in Lubbock last month.  But they informed me it would have to go to the body shop for that.  So, it will have to wait until I get back from the cruise.  But here is the really great news about those two details, they weren't even on my list because I forgot to add them and still, I got them done!  Whoo!!!!!  I ROCK!

I got my Mom's new sunglass readers and I got myself a stronger pair.  Before long, I'm going to just super glue magnifying glasses to the outside of the lenses on sunglasses.  (It's just getting embarrassing!)  I got my car washed and went home and dropped my purchases off before going to pick Jenny up at her auto shop.  (She doesn't own an auto shop, she was just dropping her car off at one for a repair.)

We stopped on the way to the nail salon to buy a bottle of wine for our lunch since the website had advertised that the restaurant was BYOB.  After a terrific pedicure, we dropped our shoes off at the car and picked up our bottle of wine and walked next door to the restaurant and immediately discovered that the website had been incorrect.  They sold wine.  So I told the man I would go put the wine back in the car and he said, he'd hold it for us.  He looked at the wine and said he had something good that was comparable and pulled a bottle out and started opening it while we looked at the menu.  I thought to myself that he seemed pretty sure that we were going to buy an entire bottle of wine from him just because we couldn't bring ours in and then when we got ready to pay (this was one of those places where you order at a counter, pay and then they bring your food to you) he informed us that the wine was on him because of the misunderstanding with the website.  Yeah, that's EXACTLY how my day went.  We had a pizza and a bottle of wine for $6.50 each.  So, here's a plug for that place... It's called Palio's and the pizza was pretty darn good.  We shared a medium and since I like freaky things on my pizza, they did it half and half.  I got the Artichoke Deluxe on my half and Jenny got the Meat and Cheese Deluxe.  I loved it!

After that, we got props at the party store for our preboarding photo tomorrow.  We are going to pirate things up a bit, matey!  Argh!!!  Then finally, we ran to the pet store and got a few last minute things for our beloved animals that we have to leave behind for the next week.  I had Jenny back at the auto shop an hour before they closed and was home right around 6 last night as I had wanted to be.  But that's when the productivity came to a screeching halt.

After I got home, I carried a few things into the guest room where I will be packing but the suitcase is still closed and standing at the end of the bed with nothing inside of it.  Here is the problem that I am facing.  The cats totally freak out when a suitcase gets opened in this house.  They know what it means and they climb inside and won't get out.  Then they get all whiny and meow constantly, then I start feeling guilty and before long everybody is miserable.  So, I think I have a plan.  They both usually start napping around 1 p.m. each day.  I could shoot a howitzer through this house at 1:30 each afternoon without waking them up.  So, today when they go to sleep, I'm going to go up to the guest room, close the door and start packing.  Then for the rest of the day, I'll just keep that door closed and they will be curious about it but they will not be any the wiser.  If all goes well, I might be able to get totally packed without any whining at all (well, except for the whining I will do when I have to carry that suitcase downstairs).

So, hopefully, today will go as well as yesterday did.  Don't expect to hear from me again for another week or so.  Have a terrific week and Happy MLK Day on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment