Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day Two-Twenty - Headed to East Texas

I don't have much time to write today since I have to leave for Henderson, Tx. pretty early but I just wanted to take a few minutes to chat.  I'm meeting Mom and Dad in Henderson this morning for the Syrup Festival.  Don't hate people!  You could all go, there is no charge to get into the Syrup Festival.  After that, I'll be going to Mom and Dad's house with them for the rest of the weekend.  Mom and I are making soap this weekend.  Again, don't hate!

I have been working a lot on Travel stuff this week.  If you noticed that I haven't been writing on this blog much it is because I have been writing the travel blog instead.  It takes a lot more of my time to write since I can't just write about stuff in my head, I actually have to do research to write that blog.  With this one, I figure as long as I get most things correct, I am okay.  I mean after all, as long as we all know that I broke my arm at age 6 as a result of Ronnie chasing me up a flight of stairs and me going over the edge of the landing, is anybody really concerned with whether he pushed or I jumped?  Probably not..... well unless you're Ronnie and he doesn't read this anyway.  (And for the record, I admitted that I jumped several months ago when I wrote about the incident in this blog.)

It's tough getting up to an alarm every morning and then writing a factual blog with links, pictures and everything!  I'm not sure that I really like being a responsible business owner with all of the grueling demands that it carries with it.  Okay, I'm lying.  I really love it.  Doing research on ships and cruise lines the last few days has been a blast.  Part of the information I have spouted out in the last couple of days on the blog was what I have been learning in my training.  Other stuff is things I have looked up.

The funniest thing that I have figured out in the last two days is that it is only 2012.  I started the Princess Cruise on line training a few weeks ago and was reading all about the new Princess ship that was launching in Oct of 2013 and in my head on the day that I read about that, I thought, "OMG!  It set sail today on it's maiden voyage!" and I was completely convinced that it was sailing from Florida now.  But then there was information that it's Mediterranean maiden voyage would be in June of 2013 and I thought it was weird that it wouldn't leave for Europe for another year and a half.  So, it is obvious that I realized when it came to June that it wasn't 2013 yet.  But for some reason I thought it was October of 2013 while it was October of 2012.  I like to believe that I am not terribly stupid, but I did not figure all of this out until yesterday morning as I was finishing up my blog and reading back through it.  Thank God I took a few minutes to proof read it or I might be trying to outrun men in white suits with a straight jacket right now.

Well, I must get ready so that I can leave for the Syrup Festival.  I intend to get some syrup this year.  Last year, all I had was a really bad sandwich and a warm Diet Coke.  Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you all next week in between travel blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment