Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Friday, November 16, 2012

Day Two-Twenty-Six - The Pink Boat Snorkel Adventure

Good morning friends.  I hope it has been a good and productive week for everyone.  I had a great week.  On Tuesday, I took the soap that I made last weekend out of the soap molds.  It is now sitting out in the garage curing.  It is really nice soap.  We made bath soap with Tea Tree and we made kitchen soap that has coffee in it.  The coffee soap is supposed to get rid of odors like garlic and onion.  I'm pretty excited about it.

Everytime I have left home this week I have heard the same thing over and over from almost everyone I have come in contact with.  "Isn't this weather great?  It finally feels like fall!!!"  I have one word for all of you.... BURRRRRRRRR!!!!!  I hate being cold.  I know it is getting up into the mid 60's during the day and a lot of you think this is ideal.  But for me this is torture.  If it would just go down to the mid 60's at night and warm up to 80 during the day, I could live with it.  Then I could leave the windows open all the time and save a ton of money on heating and cooling.  Plus I could leave the patio door open all day long so that Jingle and Shiner would never have to sit at the door and wait for me to open it.  Life would be better.

I just can't figure out how a person who hates to be cold as much as I do was born in a place that gets cold weather.  I think there was an error.  I was probably supposed to have been born in a place like St. Maarten.  If I lived in St. Maarten, the world would be a happier place.  For one thing, nobody would ever have to listen to me whining about being cold.  There would also be at least one more charter boat taking snorkelers out daily and God knows that the world needs more charter boats.

I know what you're thinking, snorkel charters in the Caribbean are a dime a dozen.  But mine would be different from the others.  To start with, my boat or boats would be pink.  Not that horrible Mary Kay pink that you see on Cadillacs, but a vibrant flamingo pink.  That way the boats would stand out and when they came toward the cruise ship dock to pick up passengers, the anticipation would build.  As much fun as sailing is, my boats would not be catamarans, they would be speed boats.  See, here's the deal.  Those catamarans usually run the motors most of the time anyway to get you to your snorkeling spot and back on time.  The sails are really sort of an illusion to make you feel like you are on a relaxing sail.  So, let's just call a spade a spade and make it about speed.  Besides, if my boats can get you to the good snorkeling spots faster and back faster, then you might be able to do something else before you have to leave St. Maarten.

Since my beautiful pink boats would be speeding through the water, you wouldn't be able to mill about on the boat during the trip back after snorkeling.  That also means there would be no complimentary rum punch or beer on board.  But we would make up for that by taking you to a cute little outdoor beach bar before going back to the ship.  There you could have a few beers, view and perhaps buy some pictures that the snorkel photographer took during your excursion (with the pink boat strategically right behind you in each shot), build a sand castle or two and if you feel the need to do the Macarana at every Caribbean stop, this would be your chance.  Oh!  This is where you would also have the opportunity to buy some of my over priced but really cool t-shirts to commemorate your day on board my pink boat in St. Maarten.  Later on as we make more money we would probably add caps, koozies and key chains to the assortment.  All would be pink, obviously.

Before long, my pink boats would be the most sought after excursion in the Virgin Islands.  All over the world, people would be wearing my pink t-shirts around and total strangers would walk up to them and say, "Wow!  Did you really take the Pink Boat Snorkel Adventure?"  Their envy would be clear.  My boats would be legendary.  I would probably have to buy more boats and start businesses on other islands as the business grows.  I mean after all, we would only be able to accommodate 80 people per boat a day on St. Maarten.  So, if we had boats on other islands, more people would be able to take the great Pink Boat Snorkel Adventure.

I'm still not too sure about that name.  It might be something I would have to get my marketing people to work on....  Okay, I'm through day dreaming now.  It is time to get to work.  Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment