Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Monday, November 12, 2012

Day Two-Twenty-Two - Syrup Update!

I am back from East Texas.  It was a nice trip.  Saturday I met Mom and Dad in Henderson for the Syrup Festival.  This year we actually went into the area that you pay to get into.  It was well worth the $3 that we spent on admission.  I got a jar of Sorghum Molasses Syrup.  I sampled the Moonshine Syrup from the same vendor.  But liked this one better.  It is pretty yummy and it is really going to make a great pecan pie!  I had planned on starting a 21 day cleanse this week, but with dinner club and Thanksgiving coming up, I think I will wait especially since I have all of this great syrup!


I was pretty gung ho last night but my excitement has subsided a little as I have gotten closer and closer to actually living on shakes and veggies.  Right now, I am thinking that the ideal start date will be the Sunday following Thanksgiving.

The soapmaking went so well yesterday!  I came home with some really great soap that I am very excited about.  I also think I have decided that I should start making it at home regularly rather than going to Mom's once a year and doing it.  There is no reason not to do it here.  I feel like I am becoming a pioneer woman.  With the spinning, knitting and soapmaking I think I am just days away from "callin' in the young 'uns so I can warsh their clothes...."  The fact that there are no "young 'uns" to call in may be my only saving grace.

There might be somebody moving into the unit across my condo finally!!!!  I am so excited.  All of the signs have been there for weeks.  But today, it is looking even more promising.  Maybe by the end of the week, I'll have new neighbors.  That would make me so happy.  I really hope that they will be friendly, fun and kind of quiet.  I know that is a lot of hope for.  But a girl can dream.

Well, I don't have too much to catch you up on today and I have a lot of work to do so I will stop for now.  Have a great week.  Be sure to look for the travel blog for the remainder of the week. at http://placesuwillgo.blogspot.com.  I probably won't write on the personal blog again until late in the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment