Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day Three-Oh-Four - Wow!


Anybody want a cat?  I'll sell you a 13 year old Burmese VERY cheap this morning.  He woke me up today meowing and has only stopped meowing long enough to eat for a few minutes.  Now he is trying to climb me as I type.  To try to please him, I have done the following....


  • Obviously he has been fed and he has fresh water.
  • I opened the garage door so that he can get to his favorite litter box.
  • I went out in the garage with him.
  • He wanted in the car, so the car door is open.
  • He came back in and went to the patio door, so now the patio door is open.
  • He just started messing with the blinds, so now all of the blinds in the house are completely raised.
  • Two pictures are hanging sideways on the wall, because he apparently thinks they look better that way.
  • I turned the washing machine off because he doesn't like the noise that it makes.
  • He has already had his treats that he is supposed to get at noon.
I don't know what else to try to get him to stop the constant meowing.  I think he wants me to come out and sit in the car with him.  He goes on these crying jags sometimes and that usually does the trick.  I have no idea why that pleases him.  But it does.  He keeps coming back in the house to get my attention until I follow him out into the garage and into the car and then he lays down and goes to sleep in the passenger seat.  Here's what I don't understand though, why does he feel safe and happy sleeping in that car if it is in the garage, but the minute I start it and begin to drive with him in it he goes nuts?  Doesn't he understand that this is the very same car that terrifies him when I take him to Nacogodoches with me or to the vet?  Dumb cat!

This wasn't even what I intended to write about today.  Day 300 since the mass decapitation at the former employer who shall not be named passed by without my even realizing it.  They've been in the news a lot lately, you know because that guy running the place is apparently no smarter than my 13 year old Burmese who has no idea what he wants or what he is doing, but he forges ahead anyway.  The only difference is that my cat just annoys me.  This "Bozo" is intent on taking a multi billion dollar company down with him.  

So anyway, since last April, I have started my own travel agency based out of my home in case you don't read the other blog and aren't aware.  (Like my Facebook page "Places You'll Go Travel" or send me an email requesting to be part of the email blasts if you want to see it every weekday.)  It has been slow starting, but I think it is going to do okay when it really gets going.  People are starting to call and I'm starting to book some trips.  It is a lot of fun researching places that I have never been for people who are considering going.  I have now added three new destinations to my list of places that I personally want to go.  The cruise that I went on last week was slightly different to me too because of the new business.  In the past, I only thought about having fun, relaxing and enjoying myself.  On this cruise, I thought a lot about how I would describe things, I tried to take pictures of some of the things that I wouldn't have photographed in the past to show to possible clients and I think I was a little more critical of things.  I still enjoyed it as much as ever, but I did look at some things from a different perspective.

The other thing that was different about this cruise was that when it was over, for the first time in the last 31 years, I was actually ready to return from my vacation.  I've never felt that way since becoming an adult and it was a really nice feeling to know that I would be coming home to something that actually makes me happy to do!  I used to sit on the ship that last day at sea and spend my day literally holding back tears because I so desperately didn't want to come back to my day to day life.  Now, I really look forward to that life on a daily basis.  Don't get me wrong, it would be a heck of a lot better if I was making enough money to live on.  But that will come.  

In the meantime, I'm going to go sit in the car with my cat now and see if I can get him to go to sleep.  Happy Groundhog Day!  Yea!!!!!  Early Spring!!!!!  I'm so happy.  Maybe I'll be at the pool by April this year. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment