Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day Three-Thirty - Home Ownership SUCKS!

About 3 weeks ago, I took a shower one morning and turned the water off afterwards and it sort of went off.... but it sort of didn't.  It had been dripping for some time, but since my cat Shiner likes to drink from the faucet anyway, I didn't worry about it too much.  But when I turned it off 3 weeks ago and it continued do a little more than trickle, I decided it was time to call a plumber.

So I called the trusty home warranty company who said they would send a plumber out within 24 hours and true to their word, they did.  The plumber came in looked at the faucet said he had what was necessary to make the repair and went outside to turn the water off coming into my condo.  He came back in after several minutes of walking around outside and examining the box he finally found and told me that the valve in the box could not be turned off.  So, he told me to call my HOA's property management company, have them come and replace the valve then he could come back and fix the faucet in my bathroom.  I called the property management company (Worth-Ross) immediately and was told she would call the plumber asap but he might not get to it until the next day.  Today, nearly 3 weeks and multiple phone calls later, lo and behold, the plumber showed up to replace that valve.

He worked outside of my apartment from 8:30 this morning until after 3 this afternoon.  Then turned the water back on and left.  About 30 minutes after he left I walked into the kitchen to get a cup of tea and there was water standing in my kitchen floor.  It looked like it was coming from around the refrigerator or stove area.  I looked at the sink and it was dry near the sink, so it obviously wasn't coming from there.  So, I ran outside to turn the water off at the shiny new valve outside.  After several minutes of messing with it, I finally got the water turned off and then was able to speak to the person at the property management company who said she would send the plumber right back over.

He came over and after about an hour finally determined that my initial assessment of a broken pipe under the foundation was indeed correct.  It took me 30 seconds to figure it out.  It took him almost an hour.  Anyway, the property management now has to send another plumber over who will find the leak using sonar.  Here's a hint people.... IT'S UNDER THE KITCHEN!!!!!  Then after the exact location is determined, they will initiate repairs.  I'm thinking in a week, I might have running water again... IF they suddenly develop a sense of urgency.

So, that's how my Thursday went.  How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment