Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day Seventy-Nine - I SEE STREETWALKERS!

Yesterday was a pretty exciting day for me.  I had a couple friend requests on Facebook from people who I didn't know.  Now, to some of you, this might be alarming or at least annoying.  But to me, it is the best thing that has happened to me in a week.  You see these requests came from people who are already friends with other friends of mine and I am lead to believe that they may have friended me as a way to get to my blog.  If so, I am officially being read by people who don't even know me!!!!!!  Woohoo!!!!!

So, now I am feeling pressure to really entertain.  I don't feel like I can simply tell you about some lame genealogy work that I have done in the last 24 hours with the knowledge that I have new readers who would think, "why the hell would anybody tell me to read this?"  So, I have a couple of topics to choose from.  I could tell you about the two doves that my cats are currently stalking on the patio or I could tell you about the funniest thing that happened in San Francisco.....  The doves / cats story is already starting to wind down as Jingle has already come back into the house.  So you are going to be entertained by the San Francisco / Streetwalker story this morning.  Enjoy!

For those of you just joining this blog, my friend Jenny and I went to San Francisco a few weeks ago for a quick little break.  It was a lot of fun, we took a ba-zillion pictures and came back a week ago last Sunday.  Our flight was scheduled to leave SFO at 6:15 a.m.  Neither of us are really good morning people.  In fact, I would say that we are both really BAD morning people.  Jenny set her phone alarm for 3:35 a.m. and just to be safe, I also ordered a wake up call for the same time.  We got up right on time Sunday morning and both immediately got dressed.  We had scheduled a shuttle with the hotel to pick us up at 4:05 a.m.  So we had a whopping 30 minutes to get ready and get downstairs.

We got on the elevator to head downstairs at exactly 4:00 a.m.  We were staying on the top floor but our hotel only had 9 floors so I am fairly certain that it wasn't any later than 4:02 when we got off the elevator.  As we stepped off he elevator, we saw a van from the shuttle service sitting out in front of the hotel.  Jenny took off out the door to make sure he waited.  I said that I was going to go check out.  So, I walked over to the front desk and the guy was saying "that's not your van" as I walked up.  So, I thought Jenny would just come on back into the hotel and wait with me.  The guy at the front desk explained that the van that had just left was there to pick up someone else who was supposed to have been downstairs at 3:50 a.m. and they were just leaving.  He picked up the phone to call the service and make sure that ours was on the way.

So, I was listening to him talk on the phone to the shuttle service and there was a banging on the glass doors.  I turned around and Jenny was banging on the doors.  I thought - Why doesn't she just open the door and say whatever she is trying to tell me instead of standing out there and beating on those doors!!!!!  I threw both of my hands up in front of me as if to motion STOP!  and said, "JUST HOLD ON!!!!" and I was not very nice about it.  Then she said through the glass door, "I'M LOCKED OUT AND THERE ARE STREETWALKERS OUT HERE!"

So, I went over to the door and let her in then finished checking out.  The whole time I finished checking out, I was thinking that there were probably just people walking down the street and she assumed that they were streetwalkers and homeless people.  After that we sat down for a minute at which time she said again that there were streetwalkers and homeless people outside and then our shuttle arrived.  We went outside and got in.  I didn't notice anyone around as we got in.  But as we drove away, I cannot even begin to tell you what kind of FFF bust sized women in skin tight clothes and 5 inch heels were standing on and walking around the street corner!!!!!  Oh my God!  I have never seen such blatant prostitutes in any other city I have been to.

There were several other people on the shuttle and nobody made any comment on the hookers walking around.  But I am pretty sure that my mouth dropped open when we drove past them.  And then I think I grinned a little bit at the thought of Jenny standing out there with them.  But again, there were no comments.  After we got to the airport, went through security, got coffee and sat down I think one of us finally mentioned it.

Last night Jenny and I met to exchange flash drives so that we would each have the others photos of the trip and the topic of the streetwalkers came up.  I cannot tell you how hard we laughed at that!  Every time I remember the look on Jenny's face as she stood outside and yelled  "I'M LOCKED OUT AND THERE ARE STREETWALKERS OUT HERE!" I start laughing hysterically again.  It was priceless!  I feel bad because she was really sick and then to have that happen to her too sucks.  But that doesn't make it not funny.  



No comments:

Post a Comment