Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day Twenty-Six - Yikes!

Ok, first of all, who has two thumbs and is posting her blog before 7 am?????  Ummmmm....This Girl!!!!!

So, my desktop computer was running slow last night before I went to bed but I just shut it down and went upstairs.  I got up this morning and decided to post my blog before I go to Fort Worth today and turned the computer on while I was sweeping.  I looked over at the computer and I had the dreaded blue screen of death!!!!  I finally got it to boot up.  But things are not looking too good.  Right now I am typing the word typing, but I can only see the previous sentence that I typed because it takes so long to appear on the screen.  Ugh!  I really don't want to deal with a dead computer right now.  This machine is about 13 years old.  So, I guess it is getting close to time to start looking for a new computer unless I just want to operate without a desktop.  But I really don't want to spend the money.

The reason I don't just run upstairs and grab the laptop and get busy on it is that the last time I used it, I had problems with it.  Maybe my time would be better spent taking a class to learn how to keep a computer running.  The laptop is much newer.  I could probably take it to Best Buy and get them to give it a once over and have it operating like new in no time.  I am just scared of operating with only one halfway dependable computer.  Two halfway dependable computers feels so much better....  But I think this desktop is on it's last leg.

So, Fort Worth!  Mary and I are going over to the Kimbell Art Museum today to see the Impressionist exhibit! I am so excited.  I have been wanting to go for several weeks, but it just hasn't worked out.  We are going to have to hurry back today because Mary has a thing to go to tonight in South Lake.  But we should still get to see the majority of it.  I haven't been to the Kimbell in years but it is such a nice museum.

To add to my computer problems this morning, Jingle is sitting on the mouse pad and it doesn't matter how much I nudge or just use him for a mouse pad, he won't move.  I could use the mouse on another part of my desk if he would get off the flipping cord!!!!  I haven't had enough coffee yet to deal with all of this.

Did I mention yesterday that Mom and Dad and I are going to Arkansas next week?  I am getting excited.  But I have a lot of work to do around the house before we leave.  So, after today, the lists are going to get B-U-S-Y!  I also need to get hotel rooms booked.  I have us booked at the lodge at Mt. Magazine for Wednesday night.  But that is all that we have booked so far.  I wanted to be sure and get that one booked since it seems to fill up pretty fast and I really want to stay there one night.

Last week was the week of no accomplishments regarding my task list.  So, this week is going to have to be the week of over achievement if I am going out of town.  I think I am off to a good start this morning.  I have already swept downstairs, made the bed and scooped the litter box and it isn't even light outside yet.  Who knows at this rate, I could have a clean garage by the end of the week.... NOT!!!  I better get moving again.  Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment