Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Monday, April 30, 2012

Day Twenty-Five - I'm Alive!

It has been pointed out to me that I have not yet posted today and it is very late.  Apparently, the only thing that could keep me from posting if I don't clear it with my readers would be death.  Thank you for checking on me Mary!

I had a great weekend at home!  Part of the reason that I am just now posting is that I have been trying to figure out how to post the photos for a couple of hours.....  I took pictures on my phone and they are GREAT! But they require too much memory and I am not computer savvy enough to figure out how to save them at some sort of lower level so that they can be posted or even edited.  Apparently, my cell phone has a much better camera built into it than it should.  So good in fact that the photos cannot be shared!  Oooh!!!  Shared!  I will share them on Facebook then you can see them after you read this!

So, Saturday night Mom, Dad and I took two bottles of wine and met Robbie and Eileen at the Pinecreek Lodge out near Douglass.  Robbie and Eileen brought a couple of bottles of wine and some beer as well.  We had the best time!  There was a saxophone player who played on the deck and we had cheeseburgers (the only choices were hamburgers or cheeseburgers) so we went with the more complicated of the two. I think Mom and Dad said the cheeseburgers are $6 or $7 so, if you live in the area, go out there next Saturday night.  It is so nice and it is byob and the entertainment is good!  I also understand that they are getting a guitarist for the 1st and 3rd Saturday's so check before you go to insure that they have gotten someone.

Ronnie and Rebecca came over to Mom and Dad's house yesterday and we fried shrimp... my all time favorite food.  Rebecca's boyfriend came over too.  His name just happens to be Jacob.  He was very nice and a very nice looking young man!!!  Good job Becca!  I think Dad and I beat Ronnie and Mom in 42.  At least that is the story that I am going with.  Since Ronnie doesn't read my blog, I think I am pretty safe in reporting that.  After Christina got off from work at the hospital on Sunday she came over.  I think we finally have a real plan for our girls outing in June.

In June Mom, Eileen, Christina, Rebecca and I are all going to a tea that I purchased on living social or groupon a few months ago.  We have a spot for a 6th.  But I am not sure who that is yet.  Then either that night or the next night we will all go see The Jersey Boys!  I love that play!  Anyway, we were originally looking for a weekend to do it which would be a problem for Christina since she works in a hospital, but now that I am not working, we can go in the middle of the week.  So we are going to try to do that.  Can't wait!

Mom and Dad and I finally decided on a trip.  We are going to Arkansas next week.  I am really excited about it.  We already have a lot of fun things planned.  We are spending next Wed night in a lodge on top of a mountain.  So, I'm pretty excited about that.  It should be fun.  I'm going to drive to Nacogdoches next Monday morning and pick them up and we will leave from there.

I will talk to you all at a much earlier time tomorrow.  Have a great evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment