Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day Nineteen - Random Thoughts

Alright, you can all officially call me a slug now.  I did not do a thing on my list yesterday.  What I did do is finish a book.  I did a few meaningless things around the house but nothing on the list.  I am seriously going to make an effort to be an actual contributor to society today.  We'll see how it goes.

I took a package of Jenny-O ground turkey out of the freezer yesterday afternoon and intended to make something for dinner with it last night but then I lost interest.  So it is in the fridge now.  I have dinner club tonight, so I am going to have to cook today and then put it up to eat for the rest of the week.  I really hate trying to figure out something different to cook with turkey.  I have a recipe for this Weight Watchers Turkey Stroganoff that I used to make and it is really good.  But I would have to go to the store for ingredients and I really don't want to go to the store.  Lately, I have been making Turkey Pot Pie with ground turkey.  It is good too.  But I have made it like three times in the last six weeks and I am starting to get kind of  tired of it.  Those are the only two things that I really make with ground turkey.

The deal is, that I'm grossed out by meat that isn't the right color after it is cooked and since ground turkey is sort of off white after it is cooked, it is kind of hard for me to eat.  It tastes fine.  It just looks kind of funny.  So I have to add enough stuff to it to disguise the color of the meat.  That is why I am so limited on turkey recipes. I know that this is all very strange.  But I am weird this way.

Dinner club tonight is in Frisco.  So, at dinner tonight there will be obnoxious children running around the table like it is the playground at McDonald's.  I have a lot of friends with young children who are perfectly behaved and some of these people even live in Frisco.  But for some reason, the majority of people in Frisco seem to raise their children with no rules making Frisco a miserable place to dine out.  It is as if the further north you drive from Dallas the more obnoxious the children become.  Plano kids are kind of bad, north Plano kids are worse.  Many Frisco kids are totally out of control.  (Although, again, I know some Frisco kids who are terrific!)  And I don't even want to speculate about Prosper kids.  I wonder if I can get the Frisco Chamber of Commerce to post my blog on their website since today's edition is such a ringing endorsement for dining out there.

Recently, I spent several months helping a friend look for a new home.  She had sold hers and since I love looking at houses, I invited myself along every opportunity I got to go look at houses with her.  While she was looking at houses, one of her requirements was that it had to be VERY quiet inside the house.  No loud neighbors, nothing that might become loud outside of the house, etc.  There is a slight chance that I might have ridiculed her during this process concerning her quiet obsession.  (I know, this is shocking to you that I might ridicule anyone!)  Now that I am staying home during the day and there is no one around my complex in the middle of the day, I hear every car that passes by.  I am totally freaked out when a car pulls up and parks in front of my house.  I can set my watch by the school bus that passes by at 11:42 every morning.  As you may have observed yesterday, I notice all comings and goings of both FedEx and UPS.

I tell you all of this because a white side panel van just pulled up in front of my house... you know, the kind serial killers drive....  and a guy got out and walked down the sidewalk to another unit.  Now he is back at the van that he carries the bodies of his victims around in. OH MY GOD!!!!  He just got a shovel out and is walking back toward the creek!  Jenny, please forgive me for anything I might have said during your house hunt regarding your obsession with a quiet neighborhood.  You were right.  One should never be able to hear ANYTHING that is going on outside of their home.  I'm inserting a photo of said van....


I have to go now.  I think I am going to go see about purchasing some traffic cones to place in the parking places in front of my condo so that crazed killers cannot park there anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment