Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day Eighteen - REALLY Unmotivated

I was correct about the patio yesterday....  It was a little like a trap.  With the perfect weather, the new water feature and the new rug and it being clean, once you got out there it was impossible to come back in the house. I downloaded a new book yesterday and spent the afternoon out there.  Also, I made a pitcher of that Mojito Crystal Lite.  I highly recommend it.  I mean, how can you go wrong with that?  No calories and it has the slight hint of a mojito, just like heaven!  So, nothing was really accomplished yesterday.

I was able to get my car into Kia for the 5,000 service and oil change.  E.T. is now spotless and has fresh oil and the tires are in all new positions.  In addition to that, I did go to a Career Care thing at a local Methodist church last night.  It was interesting.  The speaker was good and he had some interesting ideas.  It was interesting to hear from the recruiters perspective.  I did feel the need to jab my pen into my thigh a few times just to liven things up.  Otherwise, it was fine.

So, today excluding the oil change thing, my task list will be unchanged.  And yet, I don't think I am going to be able to cross much off of it.  I haven't finished the book yet that I downloaded yesterday.  I was up until 2 a.m. reading and got up and started again this morning.  When I get into a book like this, it is really hard for me to get motivated.  Add to that the fact that none of the things I have planned for myself are much fun and I'm just not feeling very motivated to get started.

I spoke to my dad yesterday about the possibility of re-doing my master bathroom. We had talked about it while he was here last weekend but he had more questions about it.  He was going to talk to a friend about what we would need to do as far as sub-flooring goes.  But maybe I'll be starting work on that in a few weeks.  I would really LOVE to get that done.  That should be motivating me to get stuff knocked off my task list since I know I can't start that until I get my garage cleaned out and my garage will not be cleaned out until after I have done all my cleaning upstairs.  And yet, I can't wait to finish posting this blog so that I can go back to reading.

New train of thought....  I live in a condo.  During the day as I look out there is maybe one car in the parking lot for every 15 units.  All the units have garages so, granted cars could be in the garages.  I know mine is.  But what I am saying is that compared to the evenings, there are very few cars around here which leads me to believe there are very few people around during the day.  Yet, FedEx and UPS make deliveries here like clockwork!  With that kind of delivery and/or pickup activity there must be people around here working from their homes.  So, I wonder what they do?

I cannot figure out what people who work from home actually do at home.  I want to.  I just don't understand.  I mean, are they selling something and shipping it via UPS and FedEx?  If they are selling something, what is it?  Is it something that they are making at home?  Do the deliveries consist of raw products that they are turning into a finished product and selling?  I can't even imagine anything that I could make in a condo in large enough quantities to sell enough of to pay the bills....  Unless it's meth....  Maybe my neighbors are running a meth lab out of their condo.  I wonder what the HOA would have to say about that.....  I mean considering that the HOA won't let me put patio lights in the tree that is on my fenced in patio, surely there is a rule against running a meth lab out of your condo.  Maybe the FedEx and UPS guys are just making a delivery to a different person daily who happened to order something on line.  It just seems like those guys may actually spend more time in this complex than many of the residents do.  I think my money is on meth lab.

Well, it is time for me to get back to that book.  After all, Dylan and Grace are never going to realize their love for one another if I don't get busy turning those pages!


No comments:

Post a Comment