Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day Nine - Ummmmm.... Slight Progress

The most amazing thing happened yesterday.... Are you all ready???? This is big.... I TOOK THE CLOTHES OUT OF THE DRYER!!!!!!!! I even hung them. Although they are still hanging on a doorknob rather than in the closet. Baby steps, right?

So, in addition to getting those pesky clothes out of the dryer, I sent the email along with pictures to my parents minister. This was no easy feat considering the time it takes to download pictures on my computer. There were nine pictures and it is two hours of my life that I will never get back. But it is done. Hopefully, he will be so enamored of the amazing piano that he will see in those pictures that he will race to Dallas to take it off my hands immediately. A girl can dream.

In other news, I drove up to Allen yesterday to see Jenny. Her floors were getting finished up and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am so jealous. They are a kind of dark distressed wood and just lovely. (And that is not a southern mom "lovely" that really means I can't say something nice so I'll just say "lovely". It is a REAL lovely.)

Since the housework is starting to come along and I am actually developing a slight sense of discipline, I am thinking about tearing my master bath apart and starting to re-do it myself. Either that, or I'll bake a cake. Any suggestions? The cake is a lot less commitment, but there won't be a great sense of accomplishment when I am done. The bathroom could turn into a nightmare. I have visions of my house becoming the one in Money Pit once I start one project. Plus there is the issue of tearing things apart and then discovering that my skills are as lacking as I think they are. With the cake, you also have to consider the five pounds that I would be adding to my weight. It's a tough call.

Oh! I found out something great yesterday that I wanted to pass along. Never say that my Blog is not useful.... Kodak Gallery has an app that you can download to your IPhone or Android. If you download your photos to Kodak, you will have access to your entire photo library on your phone at all times!!!! I downloaded it yesterday to my droid. LOVE IT! So, now when I see any of you, I can immediately whip out pics of my latest cruise to bore you with! Aren't you excited????? I knew you all would be, if there are any of you reading this.....

Okay, well, I guess I better get busy on that cake. Did you really think I was going to start tearing my bathroom apart today??!!??! Please check my blog each day to find out if the seal has been broken on the Money Pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment