Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Monday, April 23, 2012

Day Seventeen - I'mmmmm Baaaaack!

Wow!  Last weekend was great!  My parents came up on Friday afternoon.  Those of you who saw Friday's post may recall that I posted a recipe for a slow cooker Beef Burgundy that I was cooking for dinner.  It was terrific.  So, I do recommend it.  To go with the Beef Burgundy, I also cooked some fresh green beans with new potatoes and carrots in a cream sauce.  It was all really good.

Saturday we went shopping and they got me a new outdoor rug for my patio.  I love it!  It is a little bigger than the old one.  The old one was starting to come apart so I really needed a new one.  I also, got myself a new little water fountain to go on a table on the patio.  And today's weather is going to be PERFECT for sitting outside, so I might not come back in today once I get out there.

Jingle went back to the vet this morning for his final visit from his teeth issues.  He had to get another antibiotic shot since I am incapable of giving him pills.  I'm so glad that he won't have to go back to the vet for another year!  This morning, in order to get him in the cat carrier, I had to leave it in the garage and sneak out there to put his little bed in it. Then when I came back in the house, he somehow suspected something was going on and ran from me when I tried to pick him up.  Normally, I can't get away from him because he is so clingy, but he ran and then attached himself to the carpet on the stairs like Velcro.  I couldn't peel him off of the stairs.  Then, when I got him off the stairs, he climbed my back and I had to let him go.  So, Shiner finally cornered him and I was able to peel him off the cat tower and carry him out to the garage to get in the carrier.  You would think I was taking him to a gas chamber.  He cried all the way over to the vets office.  That really stresses me out.

While my parents were here, we talked about maybe taking a little road trip before I start working again.  I think we are looking at either going to Savannah, GA. or to Arkansas.  I've never been to either Georgia or Arkansas.  The only problem I can see with Arkansas is that they already mentioned also going to Branson since we would be so close.  Although I just had another birthday, I still don't think I am old enough to go to Branson..... In fact, I don't think I will EVER be old enough to go to Branson.  I did a little bit of research on Arkansas over the weekend.  It looks like there would be a lot of fun things to do there.  If all else fails, it looks like you could just go spa hopping!  I am going to look at Savannah this week.

I guess I am going to a career thing at a church in Plano tonight.  My friend, Mary sent me the information.  I must say that I am not looking forward to it.  But I guess at some point I have to actually start thinking about starting a new career or at least getting a new job.  I still have no idea what I want to do.  So, maybe going to this thing will help me to start getting my thoughts together in that respect.

So, last week I successfully completed the cleaning of the 1st floor of my house.  This week, I want to get the upstairs done.  I surface cleaned up there last week.  I mean, it was clean enough to have company.  But I want to dig in and really get it clean, we're talking about cleaning baseboards and cleaning the carpets.  Plus, I have to get the closets cleaned out.  I'm really dreading that part.  In fact, I am afraid to put it on my task list because I don't know how long it will be on there before I can force myself to complete it.  After I do upstairs, I am going to have to clean the garage.  I cannot even express how much I dread getting out into that garage.  UGH!!!!

Well, time for me to get started on today's list.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Savannah is cool, Arkansas OK, and don't worry about your age with Branson. There are actually some cool things to do there that aren't for older people. I know you can zip line there --- so go for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete