Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day Thirteen - I'm Breaking ALL the Rules!

So, right now I am supposed to be at this thing that The Former Employer (TFE in all future references) is throwing. I imagine a lot of sitting and listening to someone else read something that I either have already gotten or will get in the mail because that's... you know.... what they do there. So, guess where I'm at instead!!!! You guessed it! Sitting at home in my pj's writing on my blog and drinking coffee. For me I think it is a much better use of my time. Hope it was helpful for those of you who went. I just couldn't make myself be there. I feel like I can't keep dwelling on TFE, it is time to move on and this is me moving....

So, I am going to Mom and Dad's this weekend for my birthday! Woohoo!!!! I'm just going down on Saturday and coming back on Sunday. I just put Shiner and Jingle on all canned food at the order of the vet. So I can give them canned food before I leave on Saturday and I have frozen a portion of canned food for each of them that I will put out for them before I leave. It won't be thawed until Saturday evening. That will give them two meals. Then I'll be home by 4 or 5 Sunday. I should have someone come over Sunday morning and feed them. But I am thinking about cheating and leaving some dry food out. The concern is that they will pig out on it Saturday and then they still won't have anything Sunday. This is crazy. Cats are supposed to be easy.

Jingle went back to the vet yesterday afternoon. He is doing very well. He has to go back on Monday and get one more antibiotic shot since I am incapable of giving him pills. But the vet said he has already lost 1/4 of a pound. He only had to lose two pounds. So, I am pleased.

I must confess that I did not get the dining room cleaned yesterday. But most of the junk that I have been throwing on the dining room table rather than putting it up is now put away. I just need to get in there and sweep, dust and mop and it will be done. So, basically, all I need to do is CLEAN THE DINING ROOM! I did get the other things on my list done. Jingle went to the vet and I went to the pool. Of course the water was too cold to get in the pool. So I sat with my feet in it for a few minutes and laid on a chair reading the rest of the time. Again, with the trashy romances.... Oy vei!

Shiner caught another lizard and brought it in the house again yesterday. I'm starting to think that this is his way of supplementing his diet since I have taken away the dry food. Jingle is losing 1/4 of a pound a week and when Shiner goes back to the vet he will have gained six pounds.... That ought to be easy to explain. But again, he is a smart little thing. As soon and I yelled "OUTSIDE" and pointed at the door, he picked it back up and took it out to the patio where he played with it for 20 minutes or so before feasting.

I think the most important thing you can get from this is that if you are a friend who comes over often, never let Shiner lick your face. Because chances are, he has recently eaten a lizard. I wish he would stop eating the lizards. My plants could really use those guys out on the patio eating the insects. Shiner is not really down with the whole organic gardening thing.

Oh here is some exciting news. I think that subconsciously at least, I am starting to try to figure out what to do with my life. Last night I dreamed that I had started sketching dress designs and Nicole Richey, Jessica Simpson and all the other people from that show on NBC on Tuesday nights at 9:00 (I can't remember the name of it) saw my sketches and Saks offered me $200k for my design. This is interesting to me on many levels. The first of which is that I can barely draw a stick figure without erasing many times. Second, I can't stand Nicole Richey or Jessica Simpson. Third, as you can tell by the way I dress, I have NO interest in fashion. Finally, I went to bed last night watching Endless Summer on AMC for the 500th time. Why didn't I dream about becoming something important like a professional surfer or at least traveling around the world documenting hot surfer guys in search of an "endless summer"? Life is so unfair. I want to be something fun in the next part of my life, but my subconscious just wants me to stick to retail.

Here's another thing, in my dream somebody told me that I needed to get some of the designers from TFE to write me letters of recommendation...... I was like, really????? Who should I get, the leprechaun??? Elf???? Waldo???? All I ever did was make fun of those people and what would they know about my designing abilities or lack there of? Overall, it was a very strange dream. Suffice to say, I won't be entering the world of design.

So, time for me to get dressed so that I can meet Katherine. We are going to Coffee House for lunch. I normally go there for breakfast or brunch. This will be my first lunch there. But I still might order breakfast food for lunch. I love that place!

No comments:

Post a Comment