Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Friday, April 13, 2012

Day Seven - Not Magnificent

I have officially been unemployed for one week now. I thought that by now, my house would be spotless, I would have the beginnings of a truly great tan and would be down a pound or two from my relentless workout schedule. I was incorrect.

My kitchen is indeed clean. My guest bath is actually clean, as well. But that is as far as I have gotten. I seem to be having an issue with motivation. It is kind of like when I was in college and couldn't make myself work on a project until just before it was due. Deadlines work for me. After coming to the realization that this fact has not changed in the last 30 years, I started a list last night of tasks that I must complete before the end of the day today. Please see said list below:



  • Clean all bathrooms

  • Finish laundry

  • Make pizza crust and bake a pizza for supper

  • Bake something

  • Start Hawaii photo book

So, from that list I have accomplished the following as of 3:47 p.m.



  • Cleaned the guest bath and cleaned the sink in the master bath, have not walked into the 3rd bathroom.

  • Turned on the dryer to get wrinkles out of clothes that have been in it for two days, it ran for 20 minutes and now the clothes have re-wrinkled after 7 hours sitting in the dryer.

  • Put pizza crust ingredients in the bread machine

  • Baked Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!!!!

I think it is a step in the right direction. I mean the day isn't over yet, right? It is so much better than my accomplishments for the first six days that I am calling it a victory. In the first six days my accomplishments consisted of eating at least one meal a day, reading five trashy romance novels (the last of which was so trashy that it may have broke me of that habit for a day or two) and taking my two critters to the vet multiple times (you'll get to know the critters in future posts).


My plan going forward is to post my daily task list on this blog and report on my progress each day. Be forewarned..... I am the most amazing procrastinator you will ever come across. If there were awards for procrastination, I would be like the Nobel Prize Winning Procrastinator. So, if you don't see a post tomorrow, you will know that I just put it off for a day or two.....

No comments:

Post a Comment