Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day One-Forty-Four - I'm Taking Over the World!!!!

Yesterday was Ronnie's birthday.  I'm going to Nacogdoches today to help celebrate.  So, I sat the alarm this morning so that I could get an early start on my day.  I don't really like waking up early.  I am a night owl.  Given it's way, my body would be happiest if I stayed up every night until 3 a.m. and then didn't wake until around 10.  It is just the way my personal body clock works.  Morning people are annoying to people like me.  In fact people who do more than breath before 9 am are annoying to my type.

It's difficult going through life with this abnormality.  I call it an abnormality because apparently most of the world disagrees with my personal preference in schedule.  Otherwise, people who work a daily office job would be called 11 to 7'ers.  McDonald's would serve Egg McMuffins every day until 1 pm, lunch menu pricing at the local Mexican restaurant would be valid from 1 to 4 pm, happy hour wouldn't begin until 6 pm and prime time television wouldn't start each night until 10 Central time.  I think I would like to live in an alternate universe that operates on that schedule.  Half of the world would be much more rested because things were finally being done based on their body clock's needs.  While the other half, those who are early birds, would walk around in a zombie state half of their lives.... you know, the way I do now.  The big difference would be that I would be in the awake portion of the world and not one of the zombies.

In this new world, things would be a lot more relaxed.  You see the night owls would be in charge since they would be the only ones awake enough to make and enforce all of the laws.  And everybody knows that night owls are a LOT more laid back.  We don't get all hung up on things like punctuality.  In fact a lot of societies rules are annoying to us.  We don't like it when there are set schedules for ANYTHING.  If something needs to be done, then it should be done.  But it shouldn't be done simply because it is time to do it!  Nothing should be based on TIME!  It's all about necessity.  You see that is the problem with you early birds and it always has been.... you are too structured!  Relax.... lighten up!  If we all took things a lot less seriously, even you might enjoy life a little more.  There is no point in getting all worked up about so many rules. 

I know what some of you early birds are thinking.....  You are thinking, OMG!!!!  I had no idea Susan was such a hippie!!!!!  Well get used to it people!!!!  I'M GOING TO LET IT ALL HANG OUT NOW!!!!  No more rules for me.... no sir..... 

On second thought, today my parents will be at my brothers house.  My Mom is really hung up on the rule and punctuality thing.  I'm kind of scared of her.  If I am late, she will really be pissed.  Maybe I should shut down and go get dressed now.  Don't want to be late and upset Mom.  Gotta go!

Tomorrow's blog will totally be late though.  It's my own little form of rebellion so DEAL WITH IT my minions!

No comments:

Post a Comment