Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Monday, August 20, 2012

Day One-Thirty-Nine - The Greatness of a Spreadsheet

I have been awake since 5 this morning.  That is pretty impressive considering that I didn't go to bed until about 1:30 this morning.  I am not sure what is going on in this house.  But for about a week I have been getting up early.  It started because Jingle, for some reason, started waking up between 5 and 6 a.m. last week.  But now I am a doing it and waking him up.  This morning, I think both cats were a little pissy when I finally gave up on sleep and turned the TV on at 6.

Usually, if I wake up and can't go back to sleep it is either due to discomfort, you know too hot, too cold, or just too something or it is due to something troubling me.  I don't really feel troubled right now about anything.  Sometimes I will worry about the fact that I don't have a job yet and I don't really want a job yet. But currently that isn't even bothering me.  Right now, I am just happy, comfortable and.... sleepy.

The 3 and a half to 4 hours of sleep I am getting each night are not doing it for me.  But I don't nap.  So, I am not sure when this is going to catch up with me and result in my sleeping for about 15 hours straight, but it will.  It always does.  The problem with waking up so early is that the viewing choices on TV are slim.  As you may recall from a previous blog, there are a lot of infomercials on between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m.  There isn't much else.  If it is a week day, at 4 you can watch the news.  But my favorite part of the news is between 6:30 and 7 a.m.  That is when they have a pet who needs a home on and then they do birthdays at 7.  I like birthdays.  When I get up early enough, it is practically the highlight of my day.  I'm not sure why guessing the age of 3 different celebrities is so exciting for me.  But there you are.....

Yesterday I went to Jenny's house and we attempted to work on photobooks.  I took my laptop which I haven't turned on since I got my new desktop computer almost 4 months ago.  Now I remember why I felt I needed a new desktop so badly.  After two hours of trying to get on Shutterfly with the laptop, I gave up and when Jenny suggested we take it to Best Buy, I picked up my car keys and purse and we were at Best Buy 10 minutes later.  I had to leave it.  They are supposed to call in a day or two.  When I bought this computer, I got the protection plan which covers 3 computers.  So, whatever they have to do to it will be covered.  It will be nice to have a working laptop again.  I am looking forward to it.

So, once we got back to Jenny's and I was computer-less, we decided to look at excursions for our cruise in January.  Looking at possible excursions can really motivate you to get serious about a diet and workout plan.  I think that today may be the day I detail a workout schedule and menu on a spreadsheet.  Spreadsheets are your friend.  With the greatness of the spreadsheet I believe there is nothing you can't accomplish.  The only problem that I am likely to run into is that I like for my spreadsheets to look pretty. After all there is no point in a spreadsheet if it doesn't look professional.  So, I will put the spreadsheet together, tweak it, make minor changes here and there and before you know it, I will have wasted the entire day just putting my spreadsheet together and nothing will have been accomplished.  But the nice thing is that if I waste all of today on the spreadsheet, tomorrow I will have one less excuse. So, that is the plan.

Last night after I got home, I watched The Great Food Truck Race on the Food Network.  If you have never watched it, you should give it a try.  I love that show.  Last night was the season premier.  But next Sunday, they will re-run this weeks show before the new one.  So, if you missed it, you can catch up.  It is sort of like Amazing Race in food trucks.  I really like the idea of a food truck although I haven't eaten out of them many times.  There are starting to be a number of food trucks in the area.  I keep thinking that I will track them down and go have lunch out of a food truck sometime soon before I start working again.  But we will see.  I've noticed lately, that there is a pretty long list of things I wanted to do while I was taking my break from work that I haven't done yet.  With time running out, I may either have to shorten my list of get busy.  Shortening the list sounds a lot easier.

I suppose I had better get busy now.  After all, that spreadsheet isn't going to put itself together.... and maybe I'll track down a food truck today for lunch.  Have a good week!




No comments:

Post a Comment