Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day One-Thirty-Eight - The Topic-less Blog

For the last 138 days the toughest part of my morning has been trying to come up with an interesting topic to write about.  While all of the topics I have come up with may not have been interesting to you, they at least have held my own interest long enough to get this blog written.  Sometimes, when I read it back, I do lose interest half way through it.  Other times, I am pleased with the topic that I finally settled on.  This morning is a challenge, because I have sat here for 45 minutes and still have no topic.  When that happens, sometimes I will tell you what the cats are doing for a paragraph or two until a thought strikes me.  So, Jingle is standing at the sliding glass door looking out and Shiner is somewhere out on the patio.....  So....... hmmmmm.... yeaaah.....

Jenny and I are going to try to get together today so that we can play around with Shutterfly.  I have played with it a little and figured out some of the processes for getting a photobook to look really cool.  So, we thought if we got together we might be able to figure more stuff out.  I like doing photobooks.  But lately, I have been knitting a lot more than working on my most recent book, so I have a lot of work to do in that area.  I am finally getting around to working on the book from the Europe trip which was four years ago.  I have over a thousand pictures and I've only done 4 pages.  Of course, I won't use all of the pictures, but just going through them and figuring out what I should and shouldn't use is difficult.

As far as the knitting goes, I found this cute little pattern for a quick and easy gift idea.  I won't tell you what it is in case your birthday comes up soon and you are getting one.  But it is fun.  I have made one and think I can make more in a few days time.  So, I might do them for Christmas gifts this year.  After I made the one, I decided to start working on a pair of socks.  So, I am almost finished with sock number one of a pair that I started on Tuesday.  The leg is complete, the heel has been turned and I'm working on the instep.  I think if I were to work on it all day, I could finish the first sock of the pair today and start the second one.  But I won't.  I planned to do this yesterday and didn't.  I didn't feel all that great yesterday and couldn't even motivate myself to knit.  I have two balls of the same sock yarn.  So, I guess when I finish this pair, I'll make another pair out of the same yarn but find a different pattern to use.  Here is a picture of the progress on my sock.


So, that's the knitting and photobook update.....

Holy CRAP!  Here's a topic that was staring me right in the face and I didn't even think of.....  I told you a few minutes ago that Jingle was looking out the sliding glass door.  Well, he was looking out of the OPENED sliding glass door.  Now he is looking out of the OPENED living room window.  It is August!  Do you get where I am going with this?  These two opened windows are possible because it is 71 degrees outside at 9:50 a.m. in August!!!!  And before you ask, YES I do still live in Texas!!!!!  Crazy, right?!??!?  I don't know what is going on with this crazy world.  First it rains in August twice in one week and now it is comfortable outside.  Oh.... and because the mosquito planes flew over on Friday night, I have no mosquito bites even though the back door is open.

There are probably families who found out last week that their company is moving them to Dallas from some place like New Hampshire and they came down this weekend to find a new home.  They are walking around Dallas right now, going "I don't understand why these people think it is so miserable here.... it's not much hotter than New Hampshire".  They'll buy a house today and head back home to pack.  Then when they show up here next month with all of their stuff, it will be mid September and still 101 degrees.  The air conditioner in their new house won't be able to get the temp below 80 degrees inside because it just can't keep up with it.

Then when winter comes around we will all whine about the possibility of ice storms.  They will think, "you people are such whimps".  We will explain to them, that we don't go to work or school when there is ice because Dallas isn't equipped for ice.  Then we will get the dreaded ice storm and all of us will stay home.  They will email all of their New Hampshire friends telling them what babies we are.  Then they will head off to work and slide right into a telephone pole because as previously stated, Dallas isn't equipped for ice.  You see, Dallas is not equipped for any weather other than perfect weather.  Since our weather is only perfect 6 days a year and they are hardly ever consecutive days, it can be a bit of a let down in the weather department.  But, hey.... How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!!  Wait.... nevermind.....

I am going to head out to the patio to finish my coffee and enjoy this crazy weather.  Have a good day and I will spend the day in quiet contemplation trying to come up with a topic for tomorrow so that you won't have to suffer through this two days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment