Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day One-Ninety - They Call Me Swan....

Ugh!  I overslept this morning.  I knew when I went to Pei Wei last night and got tea that I would.  You see, two big glasses of tea after 7 p.m. spell disaster for me.  So, I was up until 3 a.m.  Then my alarm went off at 8 a.m.  I have been trying to get up at 8 all week so that I can get the blog entry done and the get busy on this training stuff.  My boss is a slave driver!!!!  :-)

Today I have another webinar at 11 and I need to get some Funjet pricing on all inclusives for a friend, but I'm having trouble with the Funjet website.   So, I'm going to have to call Ohio for help.  It is hard or me to call Ohio for help.  There are a lot of places where I wouldn't mind calling for help but calling Ohio seems sort of crazy to me.  After all, Ohio is home to the Bengals, Browns, Reds, Indians and Cavaliers.... if anything they need our help.  I'm just saying....

Yesterday I attended the University of WOW all day.  That is Royal Caribbean International training.  It was kind of fun.  since I have a RCI cruise booked for January, I was able to see what kind of improvements they have made to the ship that we will be on and find out some stuff I didn't know after 7 previous RCI cruises.  I also got to see the improvements that they have made to all the ships in their fleet.  Did you know that Rhapsody and Splendor of the Seas both now have IPads in every room now?  Of course, after you pay the internet fee for 7 days you will have been able to buy your own IPad to take home with you.  I wish cruise ships had free WIFI.  That is the one charge that gets me every time.  I can handle the bill for the alcohol and anything I purchase while on board.  That is no big deal to me because as I sign that check I make a mental note of how much I have spent and keep a running tally in my head.  But the internet fee always sneaks up and grabs me.

Sometimes it is only like $7 because I have learned from past experience that I need to limit it.  But still, I'm walking around that last morning going.... "What the hell is that $7?????" to myself.  If my bar bill is $200, I have no problem explaining that to myself.  But $7 on the internet kicks my ass.  I think I have such a problem with the $7 because it was spent sending one email.  For $7 I am able to sign into my yahoo account, send one garbled email in which I don't even spell check (because I'm paying by the minute and who in the hell has time for spell check????)  and then I quickly log out.  I come home and check my sent folder and the email I sent looks something like this....

"Dad,
Today Mim and I gote offf the shit in Jamaia mon.  It ws fin.  Mim says you would lick it.  We ned to come bach when you are wit us.  I would sent you a pic of me an Mim with some local Jamaa kids, but it takes to ling to uploac the photoos and I playing by the monute.  See you Sun!

Love Swan"

I exaggerate slightly.  But you get my point.  Perhaps the only thing about that email that is inaccurate is that he would only think it was from Swan if the note was handwritten.  Apparently, when I hand write my name quickly, people think because of my practically illegible handwriting that my name is Swan.  Seriously it is to the point that if I ever break the law and the police are after me, they will list Swan as an alias.  CVS thinks that is my name because when I filled out the thing for the CVS card in the store, the guy who typed it in thought I had written Swan.  At the CVS in my neighborhood they always thank you by name after you have used that little card but they wait until you are walking away from the counter and the guy yells, "THANKS SWAN!!!!"  Folks, if you are going to call me Swan, at least do it quietly!  Blockbuster thought it was my name for years.  I mean until all of their stores closed.  Now I suppose they don't care what my name is.

I was at Ulta a few weeks ago and the lady had to look up my Ulta shopper number using my phone number.  When she did, she verified that it was me by reciting my address.  I confirmed it was indeed me then she said that's an unusual name.....  I said "Susan or Meyers?????" and she said "Swan....."  Ugh!  Seriously people????  Do I look like the kind of person whose parents would have named her Swan?  And if you think they would have done that to me, then after seeing me, wouldn't you ask "Are you sure you want me to enter that name in our system for you????"

The people who do manage to get my name right always have this conversation with me.  "Oh my God!!!  That's the name of Terry Hatcher's character on Desperate Housewives!!!!!  Did you know that????"  I tell them that I actually do have a TV so, yes I am aware.  But it was my name before the producers of some lame nighttime soap stole it.  Then we chat briefly about my remarkable resemblance to Terry Hatcher.  Heheh...  For some reason that always get a laugh out of them.  I don't get it.

Okay, well I need to go get dressed for my webinar now.  I know that they won't see me, but with that little camera built into the top of my monitor and the webinar being live, I have a fear that they are secretly looking at me and it would really be embarrassing if someone saw me the way I am when I think I am home alone.  I am not "swan like" at all if you know what I mean.  Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment