Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day One-Eighty-Two - Can't Contain the Excitement!

It sucks when you have to set an alarm so you can have fun.  Today will be nothing but fun and I had to set two alarms for it to make sure that I didn't oversleep.  Then I hit snooze for 35 minutes.  Really?  I'm putting off having fun in seven minute intervals?  But in my defense, I was up until after 1:00 overnight because you know.... my business website finally went live and I was able to start up my page on FB. So that was a little exciting!!!!  All of this is becoming more and more real and I am a little beside myself with excitement.  Okay, I'm a lot beside myself.

http://www.placesuwillgo.com/

So, I still have a lot more training to do.  But in the meantime, you my friends, can go ahead and start using my website.  Ideally, that website would just be for you to shop around a little and then contact me, letting me personalize your travel experience.  But in a pinch, if I am unavailable or perhaps untrained as I currently am when you need to book, you can do it yourself through that sight.  As a traveler, I have worked through a travel agency before and found the experience pretty lacking.  I didn't think they were that helpful and I thought, why involve other people and help them gain a commission when I wound up doing all the work myself?  Plus I didn't think I was getting the best deal going through an agency. So, I stopped going through an agency and started just taking care of my own travel.

With my own agency, I want to make your job in planning a trip a lot easier.  If you are like me and feel like planning the trip is half the fun, then don't worry, I won't take your fun away from you.  I'll simply guide you and give you ideas if that is what you are looking for.  But if you decide that you want to go some place and don't want to be bothered with a lot of details, then are you ever in luck!  When it comes to travel, I'm sort of a freak, I think the details are fun.

http://www.placesuwillgo.com/

I'm still trying to make a decision about blogging.  There is not a question in my mind that I will continue to blog.  I really enjoy it.  The thing I have been trying to decide is whether or not I should start a new travel blog and maintain this one, or just turn this into a travel blog.  I think two daily blogs is too much for you and for me.  So, if I did two of them, they wouldn't both be daily.  I'm thinking a weekly travel blog and taking this one down to only 4 or 5 days a week.  After all, I'll be working too, sort of.... I mean, is it work if you can't wait to do it?

In other news, I went to this networking thing last night in Frisco.  I really enjoyed it.  I joined a couple of different networking groups over the weekend on MeetUp, but when I started looking into them, there seemed to be a lot of really strict rules.  Who knew there were so many rules to networking?  I thought it was just about getting together, talking, helping one another make connections and perhaps exchanging ideas.  I didn't realize that you could be disqualified from your chosen networking group for missing three meetings.  Really?  A kid can miss three days of school and not be kicked out, but if I miss three networking meetings in a year, you are going to kick me out?  No thanks! The funny thing is, I probably wouldn't miss any meetings.  But if you are going to start out by throwing out all of these threats at me, then I don't really want to be a part of your group.  It just sounds a little stressful to me.  I mean, who shows up to a networking meeting and takes attendance anyway?  Probably the bitch who takes attendance would call me Meers and you know how I hate that.  (That miserable Mr. Lampkin scarred me for life...)

So, the networking thing I went to last night turned out to be one that a friend had invited me to rather than one of the rule intensive ones I found on MeetUp.  It was really nice and I think it will be beneficial.  It is a group for women who own their own businesses.... you know.... like ME!  Hee hee!!!!  I'm a business owner.  This world has gone topsy turvy I tell you!!!!  Of course, my business cards were just ordered on Sunday so that haven't arrived yet.  So, I went there with no cards to pass around which made it slightly awkward.  But everyone was so nice and welcoming that I feel like next time when I have cards it will just be like giving them to you guys.  Plus it's a small group and they just started meeting not too long ago.

That's another thing!  My business cards shipped yesterday.  I can't wait to get them.  Y'all are going to get so sick of seeing them!!!!  I'll give you one every time I see you.  They'll be everywhere!  You'll walk into a bathroom in Sri Lanka and there will be another one of my darn business cards plastered to the wall with a handwritten note on the tile next to it in black Sharpie that just says "REALLY??!?!?!?!?!" and an arrow pointing to the infernal card.

http://www.placesuwillgo.com/

Okay, well I'm going to go ahead and get a few things done so that I can get started on my fair day.  Woohoo!!!!!  This isn't Wednesday, It's CORNDOG DAY!!!!!  Talk to you tomorrow.

http://www.placesuwillgo.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment