Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day Two-Oh-Three - The Yarn Dilemma

Well, the scarf / shawl that I finished knitting on Monday is now officially completed with all the ends sewn in and it has been blocked.  It is on the bed in the guest bedroom drying as I type this.  I am very pleased with it.  But I have bad news.  This could be lethal for me.  I have decided on the yarn that I want to make my next project with and it is more Noro which is what the scarf / shawl is made from.  Noro is an expensive brand of Japanese yarn.  It is really pretty and it was on sale at the Woolie Ewe last year when I bought it all.  So, I have 12 skeins of this Noro Silk Garden but I don't have a pattern that I think is suitable.  I got on line last night to look for a pattern unsuccessfully so, I think my only option is to go to the Woolie Eye today and find a pattern to purchase.  People, I will be lucky to make it out of there without 20 more skeins of yarn.

The yarn that I want to use is 45% silk, 45% mohair and 10% lamb.  Now just tell me you don't want to wear whatever I make from that yarn.  I dare you.  Because you can't.  I can't believe that it has been just sitting in a closet in it's original plastic sleeve that it shipped from Japan in for a year!  What was I thinking?  The good news is that it is in tact.  No moths.  I hate those little creatures.  I have been known to put a bag full of yarn or raw fiber in the garage freezer in the past just to keep them away.  I don't mind telling you that it is a little freaky to walk out to the garage to get some steaks out to thaw and see a bag of something dark and open the top to see what is in to find hair.  Ick!!!!  But these are the trials and tribulations of a knitter / spinner.  You do what you have to do.

I have other yarn that I could knit.  I have some really pretty citrus orange yarn along with a pattern that I bought at least a year and a half ago that I could knit.  The pattern is for a sweater.  I would like knitting it.  But as I look at the scarf / shawl I really want to knit more Noro.  What's a girl to do?  I think when I finish this blog today, I will go upstairs and take another look at the orange yarn and pattern.  Maybe I can talk myself into starting it.

I have a busy balance to this week.  I have webinars today and tomorrow for travel stuff.  I am looking forward to both of them.  I discovered yesterday that I should have registered for more of the preferred suppliers than just the four that my training manual suggested I register for at first.  I needed to use one that I wasn't registered for yesterday and it is going to take up to a week to be approved and get my sign in information.  So, now I have clients waiting to book hotel rooms and I can't.  Ugh!  So, I will spend most of a day registering for the rest of the sites so that I can avoid this happening again.  I also need a spreadsheet with all of the sign in info for each travel supplier.  There are becoming too many to keep up with.  Tonight is dinner club.  We are going to a place over by Urban Crust.  I can't remember the name of it.  But it looks like fun.

The lunch yesterday on time management was good.  I have always had a problem with procrastination as you all know.  I think that was fairly well illustrated with the fact that it took me 5 months to finally get my garage cleaned out and it only happened when it did because of the garage sale.  I didn't learn anything new yesterday but a lot of things that I should be doing to keep myself on track were reiterated and that needed to happen.  I'll try to be better.  One of the things that I must do is start updating the task list on the side of this blog again with real tasks.  It helps to keep me honest.  Let's face it, making one of my tasks for any day to nap is not helping the situation.

I better get busy.  Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment