Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day One-Fifty-Eight - Axe 'Em Jacks!

Well, I chickened out on the Food Truck thing yesterday.  I put the address of the location of the one I wanted to go to in the GPS at lunchtime yesterday and went there and found it.  It was at an office building on the Tollway.  It was located in the back of the building near the doors.  When I drove up all of the people in line were obviously from the building with badges on and wearing business casual.  I was wearing denim shorts and I thought, what am I going to do, park and then get in line with all of the people who work here?  Then once I have the food, I'll have to go sit in my car and eat it by myself.  Everybody else was carrying the food back into the building and that wasn't an option.  Eating in my car by myself didn't sound very appealing so I decided that I would do it another day.

So, I wound up going to El Fenix instead.  I used to love El Fenix.  Let me tell you that I have officially moved past it.  I went to the one in Addison.  Maybe if I had gone on into Dallas, the old El Fenix would have been better.  But the one at Beltline and Montfort didn't do it for me.  I got the Mexican Plate Lunch.  I used to love that.  You really can't go wrong with a tamale, cheese enchilada, rice and beans if it is priced right.  But at lunchtime, you should never have to pay more than $10 plus tip for that.  It's like .99 cents worth of food.  The guy never even had to refill my Diet Coke.  I think it is official, I am turning into my dad.

I can't tell you how much I am loving the weather this morning!  I got up at 7 just so that I could open some windows and enjoy it before it warmed up.  Tonight is the SFA vs. SMU game over at Gerald J. Ford Stadium.  I am excited that the weather cooled off in time for the game.  It should be decent football weather.  Great football weather would be if it was going to be in the 60's at game time so I could wear a sweatshirt.  But I can deal with 80's.  To get you all in the game spirit, here's a picture of Rick Perry I thought you might enjoy.



In other news, anybody who was on FB yesterday afternoon already knows that the HOA re-did my sidewalk leading up to my front door yesterday.  I do need to call and check on my insurance policy now, however.  They cut giant roots out from under the sidewalk from the big Live Oak tree that still is standing 6 feet from my front window.  I am certain that it is what keeps compromising my foundation and have told the HOA so.  They need to remove the tree, but it is still standing minus many of the large roots.  There is no doubt that the next big storm will knock the distressed tree over and with my luck it will fall in this direction rather than any other.  It's a beautiful tree and I hate to lose it.  But it should not be so close to the building.

Watching them pour the cement yesterday afternoon was actually kind of fun.  I sat on my stairs and watched them through the glass door.  I think it would be fun to put on rubber boots and walk around in cement like those guys were doing.  I had high hopes of writing in the cement after they left last night.  But they came back by after it started drying and put rocks in it.  So there was no place to write.

I'm going to get this day started now.  Have a great weekend and Axe 'Em Jacks!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment