Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day One-Seventy - My Inexplicable Happiness

Good morning friends.  I had another really good day yesterday.  I have really been happy this week.  I know... you're all thinking.... OMG!!!!  Susan's taking drugs!!!!  But that is not the case.  I don't know what has gotten into me, I am just happy.  At least I was until about 2 this morning.  At 2 this morning I was sitting in the chair in my room waiting for laundry to finish so that I could go to bed.

You see, yesterday in my stupor of happiness, I yanked the sheets, summer blanket and duvet off of the bed and started washing them.  I washed the sheets first because they are my favorite sheets so I decided I wanted to put them back on the bed rather than another set.  Once they were finished washing, I threw them in the dryer, put the blanket in the washer and went to Starbucks to try out the Starbucks card I had found in a drawer from a few Christmas's ago.  You will be impressed to know it still had $10 on it.  I used almost 4 of those bucks on grande non-fat latte.  It was good and while I drank it I spent about 3 hours writing.

I like writing at Starbucks.  I think it is mostly because I can.  You see, when I worked at the former employer who shall not be named, I would sometimes go to Starbucks in the middle of the day during a PTO  and be terribly jealous of all the people sitting in Starbucks seemingly working.  I would think, how do you get these amazing jobs where you sit in Starbucks all day??!?!?!?!?  I have got to GET me one of those!  Well, here I am 5 months later and nobody is paying me, but I am sort of one of those people "working" out of Starbucks many days.  I usually get a lot done when I am there.  There are lots of great people to watch and that is good when you are in need of characters to write about.  Plus usually most of the noise is really good background noise.  I mean whose concentration isn't better when the SHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO of a coffee machine is all you can hear as the barista makes another latte type drink.  I know it works for me.

Of course yesterday I was there when school got out and this stupid woman brought three little girls in to see their dad who is apparently one of those people who gets to work at Starbucks.  He may actually be getting paid, I don't know.  Their shrill little voices immediately drowned out even the SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO of the coffee machine.  All I could hear for half an hour was three over excited little girls telling their dad about everything that happened at school yesterday as if it was the most amazing experience of their lives.  Don't get me wrong, they were cute kids and in the proper setting, you know like the playground at McDonald's, it would have been a touching scene.  But if your child's voice can drown out that SHHHHHOOOOOOOOO noise, it is a problem and you must do something about it.  My first suggestion would be not to bring the kid into the Starbucks at Frankford and Preston.

So, anyway, I got back to my house around 4:30 or 5 yesterday afternoon.  I never walked upstairs because there was no need to.  I ate supper, leftover meatloaf, potatoes and green beans around 6:30.  Meatloaf, in my opinion is one of those foods that gets better when it is left over.  There are only a few foods like that.  But I don't think any of us can argue that good meatloaf is one of them.  This might be a topic that warrants later discussion.  But I'm just saying, you never heard of anyone taking a fresh meatloaf out of the oven and then slicing it for meatloaf sandwiches on the first night.  Nope, meatloaf sandwiches can only be made from leftover meatloaf which means that God intended you to eat it left over.

Getting back to today's topic, my friend, Katherine came over at 7:30 last night to watch the season premier of Survivor with me.  Here's something interesting that happened.  Just as she walked up to the door, there was a loud bang and the electricity went out!  It only stayed off for about a minute.  You know just long enough to screw up the DirecTV receiver so that we missed about 15 minutes of the show while the receiver was being reset.  She always comes over after whatever show we are watching has begun so that we can FF through the commercials of the DVR'd show.  The electricity was also off just long enough to cause all of my clocks to blink 12:00 12:00 12:00 12:00.... which, by the way, they are still doing.  Anyway, then it came back on and we watched the end of Survivor and then went back and watched the first 30 minutes.  Survivor is sort of anti-climatic when you watch the last 45 minutes prior to watching the first 30 minutes skipping about 15 minutes in between

After that was over, Katherine left and I watched a few more shows that I had DVR'd that weren't screwed up by the temporary power outage and played around on the computer for a few more hours.  Finally about 1:15 I went upstairs and the light in the laundry room was on.  I thought to myself, that's strange, I don't usually leave that light on unless I am doing laundry and then I leave it on as a reminder to move the clothes from the washing machine to the dryer......  Oh crap!  I had left the blanket in the washer all day and the duvet was still sitting on top of it with Shout squirted in a couple of spots pre-treating it!  You see, the duvet is white and the cats like to sleep on it and so, they sometimes get little paw prints and such on it.  The sheets were still in the dryer and my bed was unmade.

So, at 1:15 I resumed washing my bedding.  You will be happy to know that by 2:45, all of the bedding was back on my bed and I was safely tucked away for a good nights sleep.  But sadly, Jingle had been in his bed for a few hours already and was getting plenty of rest so that he could get up at his normal 8 a.m.  So, I went to sleep around 3 and Jingle woke me up at 8.  This is not a great start to a Thursday.  But I can live with it.

As my friend on FB yesterday so eloquently quoted the Zac Brown Band I'm just.....

Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere 
Got the blue sky breeze and it don't seem fair 
Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair 
Sunrise there's a fire in the sky 
Never been so happy 
Never felt so high 
And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise 

No comments:

Post a Comment