Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day One-Sixty-Nine - What Makes a Day Great?

Yesterday was a truly great day.  I posted a similar comment on FB last night and someone asked what made it so good.  I couldn't answer it because I didn't know the answer.  I guess a lot of things made it great.  Maybe there is no one thing that goes into making something great.  Maybe it is just a lot of really good little things.

For instance, finally, the second murder took place in the book I am attempting to write.  I knew that another murder would need to occur for all of the characters to think this was a big deal and not just a random murder of some woman that nobody new.  So, now I am up to two murders and it is about to be a really big deal.  I'm in chapter 11 and I just now got around to the second murder.  But the really good news is that my main character is falling in love with a really hot cop.  I'm almost as happy for her as I would be for me!  Weird, right?  I know.....

So, I also went grocery shopping yesterday.  I had 13 things on my list.  It cost me $106.  Tomatoes, lettuce, bread, lunch meat and so on cannot add up to $106, I mean unless you buy a crap load of it and I didn't.  But I did add to what I so desperately needed once I got to the store.  I wound up buying several weeks worth of meat that went into the freezer.  It was all on sale, so I actually saved money.  And if I don't need to go back to the store for anything other than fresh produce, milk and bread for the next month, I have saved money!  I mean let's face it, I'll be eating on this food for at least a month.  So again.... great day!

When I came home from the grocery store, I put the groceries up and it was really easy because I had cleaned the refrigerator out on Sunday and thrown all of the old stuff away.  So the fridge was nearly empty. I LOVE that!

While I was putting the groceries up I called Mom to let her know that I had inadvertently come home with one of their garage door openers.  She was all like, don't worry about it.  We'll get it from you the next time we see you.  Apparently they never use that one and it's no big deal.  I thought I was going to have to find a box to pack it in and overnight it to them.  Who knew!

I turned the A/C off yesterday morning after I got up and opened windows.  I didn't turn the A/C back on until 6:45 last night!  Nearly 12 hours with no A/C and I never felt the least bit hot.  Did I mention that it was a great day?  I should have slept with the A/C off last night.  But I just wasn't sure.  It was just barely 70 when I went to bed.  But it was plenty cool this morning.  So, the windows are back open again.

I'm not sure what I need to do to make today turn out as good as yesterday.  But for openers I'm going to try to write a few more chapters.  Plus I think I'll try to bake something.  One of the things I have to do today that I am not looking forward to is to change the names of the two cats in my book from Jingle and Shiner to new made up names. I have decided that I really need to change ALL of the names to protect the innocent, not just the humans names.  So, I'll be going back through 11 chapters looking for references to the cats and making that change.  I'm thinking Jester and Spooks but we'll see.

Have a good Wednesday and I'll talk to you guys tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment