Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Monday, September 17, 2012

Day One-Sixty-Seven - Misc. Catch Up Stuff

Dad is doing great.  Yesterday when I left he was moving around on his walker like he had entered a race.  He is going 6 hours between pain meds and is almost as happy to be in his home as I am to be in mine.  Saturday I baked an angel food cake so that Mom could make this fruit truffle thing that she likes to make.  Then when that was out of the oven, I went to Brookshire's and got ingredients so that I could make Dad a German Chocolate Cake from scratch.  I started it as soon as I got back to Mom and Dad's.  I had the cake out of the oven and the icing made when Mom and Dad got home from the hospital.  Once Dad was settled in, Mom helped me ice the cake.  Then she made her fruit truffle thing.

Once that was done, she started a Gumbo.  It had sausage, chicken and shrimp in it when she was done.  I made a Cajun potato salad to eat with the gumbo.  Saturday night at about nine, I took the chicken out of Mom's gumbo and de-boned it, then we put her gumbo in the fridge for the night.  Then yesterday morning we got up and made a nice breakfast for Dad's birthday then I started my shrimp gumbo.  My brothers and their families came over Sunday afternoon and we all had gumbo for Dad's birthday.  I cannot tell you how tired I was by the time I got home last night.  To top things off, the Cowboys SUCKED yesterday.  I listened to most of the game on Sirrus/XM while driving home.  I had to change the radio to Radio Margaritaville in the 4th quarter because it was just too depressing.

Through it all, the one thing I can tell you is that I am so happy to be home, I just can't STAND it!  There truly is no place like home.  Dorothy knew what the hell she was talking about.  I love spending time with my parents.  They really are my favorite people in the world and I hate to think what I would ever do without them.

But I always wonder what it would be like if I had found my soul mate and there was someone at home who knew what I was thinking before I said it and if he knew when someone had said something to hurt my feelings, even if they didn't mean to, he could come behind me and squeeze my shoulder, that would be really nice.  But Jingle has no thumbs so he can't squeeze my shoulders and he is usually too dense to see that anyone has hurt my feelings anyway, so thumbs would be wasted on him.  After all, he's only a cat.  And as much as I like cats, I would prefer that my soul mate have only two legs and not meow incessantly.  So, I guess I'll keep looking for Mr. Right.

I really enjoyed all of the cooking I got to do on Saturday.  It is a lot of fun cooking when you know someone else will taste it.  It sucks to cook when you are the only one who will eat it and you know before you cook it that you will be eating it for a week.

While in Nacogdoches, I got a lot of work done on a photobook that I have been working on while I was at the hospital and Dad was sleeping.  I also got a lot of writing done at Mom and Dad's house.  Two more chapters completed.  As far as my writing goes, I still do not know who the murderer in my story is.  But I have a lot of very interesting characters who make me want to write more each day to see what they will do next.  I told Mom on Saturday night that writing a mystery is even more fun than reading one.  Even if no one other than me ever reads it, I will have had so much fun, that it will have been worth the time spent doing it.

Well, I must go so that I can see what happens with my characters today.  Have a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment