Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Friday, September 21, 2012

Day One-Seventy-One - Ahhhhh... Cruise Planning....

Okay, so as you are all aware, I am a cruise freak.  I can't go on enough of them.  I just find them relaxing and I don't understand when people don't want to go on a particular cruise because they have been to the stops before.  It's a cruise people!  You are going to relax, eat well, relax some more, drink, relax some more, meet new people with similar interests, relax some more, listen to live reggae music on a deck near a swimming pool while cute Philippino boys bring you buckets of beer, and relax a little more while countless people wait on you hand and foot. I have a cruise planned for January and I can't wait.  And to make it even more exciting I just found out this morning that another friend of mine will be on this cruise as well!!!

Here is something else I don't get about the "I've been to those stops before" cruising excuse......  You were there for what?  Maybe 12 hours at best?  But then you had to get off of the ship and then get back on, so in reality, you were off of the ship for a maximum of 10 hours.  In that 10 hours, you probably spent at least an hour or two getting to the location where you were going to spend your day and back to the ship.  So, you might have had 8 hours in that location if you were the first off of the ship and the last one back on.  Are you the one person who figured out how to do every single thing that location has to offer in a single 8 hour day????  So, you have already been to each beach on the island?  Been to each tourist location?  Hiked each waterfall?  Zipped each line?  Snorkeled each reef?  Seen ALL of the fish?  I doubt it!  So, why wouldn't you want to go back?

I truly hope that one of these days I can say, Ugh!!!!  I can't stand the thought of ever going back to Grand Cayman again!!!!!!  I have been there soooooooo many times, I just get bored when I am there because I have done everything and who could possibly swim with those boring sting rays and snorkel in that crystal clear 78 degree water again??!!?!?!?!?  It is just awful!!!!

Okay, don't hold your breath because the chances that you will ever hear anything like that from me are slim to none.  If you held a gun to my head and forced me to go to Grand Cayman or Roatan every single month of my life for the next 20 years, on the 21st year, I would still be saying, can we go again?????  Please!!?!?!?!

Yesterday Barefoot Divers in Roatan posted 40 or so new underwater pictures on FB and I nearly cried it was so beautiful.  Now, I have never done any scuba diving.... YET!!!  But I fully intend to soon.  I do however find a way to snorkel on 9 out of 10 vacations.  Even just snorkeling in Roatan, you can see many of the things they posted pictures of yesterday.  I have seen many of the sights I was viewing in those photos in real life and it is almost like a religious experience when you do.  The beauty of Roatan is that the reef is so close in that you can walk down to the beach with your snorkel gear and put it on and swim out to the reef and in about one minute you are in the middle of the most beautiful sight you have ever seen.

This particular cruise won't take us to Roatan which just means that I have to schedule something else that will get me back there.  The nice thing is that my niece graduates from high school in May..... So, chances of me getting to Roatan next summer are very good, assuming I can talk her into something that doesn't involve baseball.  Keep your fingers crossed for that.  I'm going to keep at her.  I think for now, I'll go dig up some photos of past cruises.


No comments:

Post a Comment