Roatan

Roatan
Pirate ship?

Monday, September 10, 2012

Day One-Sixty - Misc....

Well, here's an update for you.  If I am not mistaken, I think I wrote in this very blog a few weeks ago that I was going to get my garage cleaned and my goal was to complete it by Sunday, Sept 9th.  That was yesterday.  I am seriously considering starting it at this point.  However, I will be going to my parents house tomorrow for an extended stay.  So, we are looking at next week before I can possibly get anything done in my garage assuming that I am so inclined when I return home.

Dad's knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Wednesday.  I know that he is going to be happy to get this done.  He had the other knee replaced several years ago.  This gets the second one done so that he can go back to being as active as he would like to be.  He says that the one that was replaced previously isn't perfect, but the reduction in pain was so amazing, that he is fine with the limited mobility it gives him.

We have a cruise scheduled for January and if he wasn't able to get the knee replaced soon enough to complete the rehab prior to the cruise, I think he was planning to cancel.  So, he is a very happy camper right now.  In addition to his knee replacement surgery on Wednesday, his birthday is Sunday.  So, I will stay in Nacogdoches through the weekend to celebrate.

My friend, Jenny's birthday was yesterday.  After church, I went to lunch with her and her family.  Then we went to her house for birthday cake that her grandmother made after that.  Of course, we also watched a little bit of football.  At this time last year, we were getting ready for our Hawaii trip.  We flew out on the 12th last year to celebrate Jenny's 40th birthday.

I know that it is hard to tell from reading my entries to this blog, but I have been really busy lately.  I have been writing so much!  I have thoroughly enjoyed it, but it is keeping me from accomplishing much else.  I got up at 5:30 this morning so that I could get some housework done early today.  Jenny is taking today off from work and is coming over this afternoon to finish or perhaps continue celebrating her birthday.  We are going to hang out at the pool this afternoon after a much needed pedicure.  At least it is much needed for me.

Well, I suppose I should get busy.  It is fish tank cleaning day.  Ugh!  I wish those fish would just clean up after themselves.  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment